Miscellaneous links to obscure, oddball, and cult sports.
- How Stuff Works, “9 Odd Sporting Events from Around the World“: including Cheese Rolling, Pooh Sticks, and Wife Carrying.
- Listverse, “10 Odd Discontinued Olympic Sports“: in case you thought Tug-of-War was just for kids.
- Matador Network, “10 Odd Sports Around the World“. It’s official: everyone thinks Toe Wrestling is odd.
- The Rough Guide to Cult Sport (London: Rough Guides, 2011). Compendium of sports with dedicated followings, cult sporting figures, and historic battles. Get a taste of some on the Rough Guides site.
- Top End Sports, “Complete List of Weird and Unusual Sports” and “Unusual Sports“.
- World Alternative Games in Llanwrtyd Wells, Wales, best(?) known as the traditional home of the World Bog Snorkelling Championships.